- Duration: 3 days
Emotional intelligence – also called EQ – is the ability to be aware of and to manage emotions and relationships. It is a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, your ability to connect with others and manage the emotions of yourself and others, that will determine how successful you are in life.
We have all worked with and listened to brilliant people. Some of them were great and well, some were not so great. The mean, the meek, and all those in between can teach us more than they realize. When you look at the truly extraordinary people, who inspire and make a difference you will see that they do this by connecting with people at a personal and emotional level. What differentiated them was not their IQ but their EQ – their emotional intelligence.
In this course, participants will learn skills like how to interpret and manage their emotions and balance their optimism and pessimism, using coping methods and relaxation techniques, managing their non-verbal communication and more. This course will make them more aware of their own thoughts and feelings and as a result, it will improve their ability to interact calmly with others in the workplace.
By the end of the Course, participants will be able to:
- Define emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others
- Identify the benefits of having higher emotional intelligence
- Learn the four core skills required to practice emotional intelligence
- Define and practice self-management, self-awareness, self-regulation, self-motivation and empathy
- Successfully communicate with others in a non-verbal manner
- Verbally communicate with others with emotional awareness
- History of Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Intelligence Defined
- Definitions and Thoughts
- Making Connections
- EI Blueprint
- What is Optimism?
- ABC’s of Optimism
- Pessimism vs. Optimism
- Validating Emotions in Others
- Understanding Emotions
- The Seven Human Emotions
- Positives and Negatives
- The Emotional Map
- Setting Your Personal Vision
- Defining Your Principles
- Understanding Your Values
- Considering Your Strengths and Talents
- What is Standing in Your Way?
- Think in Terms of Relationships
- Creating Your Vision Statement
Personal Action Plan